Monday, October 30, 2006

Spoils of victory

Now that Socktoberfest has ended, it's probably a good time to show how I spent the month.

There was the Christmas stocking.
There was the blissfully fast pair of gray socks.
There were several inches of a Mock Croc sock that I suspect is too tight but don't feel like frogging.

And there were three dishcloths, two votive candle holder sleeves, part of a blanket, and a crewel embroidery* kit that I've been working on sporadically for the last 16 months.





I know what some of you may be thinking. No, those last few items don't seem very sock-like. But consider this! Two of the dishcloths were from the Knitting Knonsense collection of Canadian provinces (British Columbia and Ontario, to be precise). If you close your eyes and imagine really hard, the British Columbia image could take on a sock-ish form. And the votive holder sleeves are like socks...for votive holders...maybe?

Sigh...I'm just digging myself in deeper, aren't I?

*No, crewel embroidery is, strictly speaking, not the same as knitting, but it uses yarn, and anything that takes me 16 months to finish, especially anything that involves sewing motions, deserves a mention.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sewing motions are definitely deserving of a mention!

Anonymous said...

I like to see all your projects, and the crewel piece is amazing! Such precise stitching! Will you keep it or is it for a present?

I love the beaded votive holders too.