Friday, February 2, 2007

Weather predictions

Happy Groundhog Day!






Do you think Groundhog Day will ever fall victim to the holiday decoration craze? Imagine yards filled with large inflatable groundhogs and klieg lights beaming from rooftops. Neighbourhoods could award prizes for the most shadow-free yard or the most artistic lighting.

The socks in the photos are former UFOs that I finished for the UFO Challenge. They were made from Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Yarn (Purple Iris colourway) in the Knitpicks Mock Croc pattern, and I'm pretty sure that if it weren't for this challenge I would have had a hard time finishing them, because the pattern and color combo wasn't really to my taste. The groundhog liked the colours but thought the socks were too big.

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

Your groundhog is adorable!
Congratulations on finishing your first UFO for the knitalong. They are such a big help -- I don't know if I'd finish some of my projects if I didn't have a KAL to motivate me!

Anonymous said...

I definitely think you've hit on something big, here, with your Groundhog Day decorations. All you need is a good merchandising consultant and a strategic ad campaign and you'll be well on your way to making millions.

I liked your mock croc socks, but if you didn't care for them, I'm glad you're finished with them! I hope you'll get some wear out of them, even if you don't love the pattern/colors. Under pants and shoes, you'll never have to look at them.