Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday randomness

Item one (belated): Hooray! I won a blog contest! Thank you Kristen!

Item two: But I'll have to be careful with the yarn lest I end up as yet another grim statistic:


(Check xkcd for the original)

Item three: I finally remembered to take a photo of my Embossed Leaves socks in progress.
100_2519
Pattern: Embossed Leaves socks by Mona Schmidt, from Favorite Socks.
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted sock yarn in the Moss colourway
Modifications: I did what I think is some sort of eye of partridge heel instead of the pattern's stockinette-plus-garter-edges. Also, my gauge is loose, so I need to rip back the completed sock so there are 6.5 instead of 7 repeats, then fiddle with the toe pattern to compensate.

Item four: I caught a glimpse of the cats coexisting peacefully.
100_2518
Unfortunately it ended seconds later when Claude bit Chester and Chester retaliated in spades. Oh well.

Item five: It's rained in Vancouver on my last 3.95 visits there, but last weekend the sun stayed out for long enough for me to get this photo:
100_2512

4 comments:

ikkinlala said...

I wondered whether I'd find reference to that comic on a knitting blog!

Anonymous said...

Dude. You know what has to happen now, don't you? We need to start a thing in the knitblogiverse where we ALL post "died in a knitting accident" so that that google search turns up thousands of results. It'll be like when they linked the phrase "miserable failure" to the white house web site so the white house site was the first hit if you searched for those terms. Well, it'll be sort of like that, anyway. Do you mind if I start that on my blog?

The moss colorway is the perfect match with those embossed leaves socks! I love both (the pattern and the color).

Hope all is well out in the Pacific Northwest!

Kristen said...

You are very welcome. :-)
Just so I am not one of those statistics, I avoid using DPNs when riding in a car. Circs are OK. I think.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erika!
You have a photo of cats GETTING ALONG!!! Amazing!! My bet is that they are fooling you guys into thinking they can't stand each other, and when you're out they just play and hang out together. Or maybe not.

Still - a hopeful sign! Love the embossed socks. Hope all is well in (sunny?) Seattle.

Liz