Monday, March 3, 2008

In which knitting is seen

Somehow, through a complete fluke, I managed to get myself, the camera, and some knitting projects together and take photos. I even uploaded them, so unless the tabby reboots the computer in the next few minutes I'll be able to show what I've been knitting instead of just yapping about it.

1) The Pacific Northwest Shawl
100_2538
Yarn: 2 skeins (I think) of Misti Alpaca laceweight
I probably should have used larger needles for the I-cord edging, because the top of the shawl is really tight. The nitpicky side of me wants to go back and fix this, but the rest of me just wants to knit something else, so it will probably stay unchanged. I should probably block this and do something about the ends at some point.

2) Embossed Leaves socks
100_2602
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted in the Moss colourway.
So. Freaking. Fun. To knit. Everyone should make a pair.

3) Anastasia socks
100_2607
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted in Ingrid's Blues
The pattern is cute, easy to remember (in theory) and, as the designer says, visible even with variegated yarn. The execution, on the other hand...well, I never thought that [(yo,ssk) twice] could kick me around me so thoroughly. But the knitting is done and all I have to do now is weave in the ends.

4) German Stocking(s)
100_2603
100_2605
A close-up of the cables
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Again, the pattern is fun, but I hope the cuff doesn't end up being too big. I knitted it with 2.5 mm needles but realized my gauge was too loose in the leg so I switched to 2.25 mm needles and kept the original cuff, thinking that it looked all right. I guess if it is too loose I could thread some elastic through the top or something.

Knitting this on the bus, etc., has felt a bit weirder than usual. The pattern required a lot of leg measurements, so in a way my lower legs and their statistics are getting more public exposure (and in salmon hues!) than I normally like. If I ever decide to knit something thigh-high, it will probably never leave home until it's finished.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

At least you weren't taking bust measurements for a sweater. ;-D