Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sock statistics

DSC_0084

Pattern: Django by Cookie A.
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted, in the Copper Penny colourway
Needles: 3.0 mm to cast on and 2.5 mm to knit
Related KAL: Summer of Socks, Ravelympics
Status: Done, and it's about time, dammit.
Estimated number of socks knitted in order to produce two finished socks: 3.5
Really? Okay, maybe it was only 3.
Dude, what happened? Oh, where do I begin...I had to frog large chunks of sock #1 several times, partly because I thought I had more yarn than I really had (so I ended up having to shorten the leg), and partly because I screwed up the pattern a lot. It got frustrating enough that I put the sock aside for a while and worked on something else. I think sock #1 took me 3.5 months to finish (including that rest time), while sock #2 took...about 1, 1.5 weeks?
Anything else you feel like saying? I think my gauge was too loose...those socks are really wide.
So what are you going to do about it? Knit something else. Maybe I'll hang the socks on a wall.

2 comments:

silverarrowknits said...

I understand your frustration with wide socks. I need to find someone with huge calves (most likely a guy) who also likes the color purple.

knitseashore said...

At least you still have your sense of humor!

Hope the new kitty is settling in well.