Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stuff in trees, the citrus edition

I went for another walk around Green Lake today. The weather was perfect, sunny and just warm enough that I could wander around without a jacket and with minimal sweating. I walked by one of the docks just as a guy caught a large carp.
DSC_0035
Sorry, I got a little excited and used the wrong shutter speed. I swear there's a carp in the photo.

DSC_0036
Oh, there it is.

All sorts of things were blooming.
DSC_0003
There was a heron on one of the turtle logs.
DSC_0044
The bald cypresses were starting to unbald.
DSC_0017
And there was a large snack's worth of clementine oranges stuck in one of the trees along with several pieces of string.
DSC_0011
DSC_0010
DSC_0013
I'm not sure what that's all about. Maybe it's a tribute?

No comments: