- One can kill amazing amounts of time simply by standing in a living room dangling fleece.
- Concentration enhancers include Mozart's music (in particular, The Marriage of Figaro; I haven't tested any of his other works yet) and the news.
- Distractions include game shows and that cocky feeling one gets after producing a rather passable single while listening to Mozart's music.
- Cats like to chew on wool.
- Cat saliva on fleece is disgusting.
- Come to think of it, cat saliva is disgusting no matter where you find it, but I already knew that.
- Cats are also fascinated by twirling spindles. Sometimes they will try to assist. This is to be avoided by all means possible.
- A hamster may have been a better idea after all. Oh wait, I'm allergic.
- Posting isn't nearly as fun when the photo hoster is down for maintenance.
Monday, May 22, 2006
Eight days in and I'm still muddling my way through handspinning with the drop spindle. I've made a few interesting discoveries: