Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Artifacts

I saw Theresa's response to Jenn's meme and thought I'd have a go at it too. The question was, what's in your notions bag?

I have a couple of bags, but they're nothing fancy--just sandwich-sized ziplocs because otherwise I'd probably forget what I have. The travel bag has a tape measure, scrap sock yarn, stitch markers (open and closed), stitch holders, point protectors, a pair of folding scissors, and a Chibi.

The home bag has similar stuff, plus t-pins for blocking, a row counter, cable stitch holders, a pompom maker (?), a...I forget the name--bobbin thingy? It's actually for needlework...I'm not sure how it ended up here.


So those are my notion bags. My turn to ask a question! I don't often get a good look at my knitting needle collection, and perhaps it's just as well. What's the most common needle size in your collection? The winner in my stash is 3.75 mm (US 5) if you include the Denise needle set and count only circulars (which seem to predominate in my collection), but if you count everything there seems to be a tie between 3.75 and 4.5 mm.

This may have done to death already--if so, let me know whose it was.

In other news, I picked up a couple of cool things recently:

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Yarn. Being a Canadian I felt a bit odd about choosing this colorway, but I'm curious to see how it knits up.
I posted a question about user-friendly sock yarns at Wendy Johnson's blog and was psyched to see she responded. Woo-hoo! I'll have to try those brands out at some point.



And then there was this--the Paisley Long Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting. I'll probably pair it with this cone of Jaggerspun Zephyr.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

And so we see the spider web of the www taking shape . .

can't wait to see the paisley shawl. I love the pattern.