Tuesday, July 18, 2006

There's weather out there!

It's been HOT! I spent most of the evening slouching in the papasan, knitting, and adjusting the fan. Then the thunderstorm came through and cooled things down a bit (and, judging from the smell on the breeze, also frightened a skunk).

In my slouchy knitty state, I finished off the third side of edging on the Tina Shawl today. Click on the photo for a larger view:


Assuming I finish it in the next few weeks, I'll have to find a replacement for The Amazing Lace. I haven't really given this much thought yet, but a few things do come to mind:

1) the Paisley Long Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting
2) Eunny Jang's Print O' the Wave Stole
3) Something from Sharon Miller's book Heirloom Knitting, but that would involve buying more yarn, and I've been getting strong hints about shrinking my stash so we can actually sit in the living room.
4) Lacey socks?

Speaking of socks, I've turned the heel on the first Traveller's Stocking!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Tina shawl is very beautiful, you have done an amazing job with it. Can't wait to see what your next lace project will be. Your Traveller's stocking is looking really pretty as well, I have just started the heel of my second Traveller's stocking. It really is a great pattern.

jenknits said...

Wow, that's a huge project! I would need something smaller after that big project, but then, you're not me. I'll be watching to see what your next choice is!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are making great progress! I'll be lucky if I finish mine by Labor Day weekend, and it's not nearly as complex a pattern as yours. And a sock too!

silverarrowknits said...

The sock is lovely! I am still on the lookout for size 0 needles for you!

Theresa said...

Wow - that sure is coming along! It's going to be huge. And I vote for the Paisley Shawl next - can't wait to see that one knit up.