Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sunday Randomness

Discovery of the day
Google.ca's logo has a knitting kangaroo theme! Does that sweater have three sleeves though?

More on the stash
What a coincidence! The very same day I wailed about stash, Wendy Johnson proposed a stashalong. At least, I think it's a stashalong.



It seems very informal though--there are some rules but we can modify them to fit our needs. I for one would like to make an exception for thank-you yarn (i.e. yarn purchased partly because someone at a store really went out of their way to help me) and souvenir yarn.

More progress
The first sock from the Jitterbug yarn is finished, except for those (un)darned ends. When I was winding up the yarn into a ball, I discovered that the ball actually consisted of two strands knotted together. It was annoying to say the least, but I decided to wind each strand into a separate ball, knit them up and see what happened.

I started with the smaller ball and, using the ball band's pattern, managed to finish an entire sock without having to join more yarn. The little blip of yarn in the lower left-hand corner is what remained.

Except for the knot, I really liked working with this yarn. Even the plain green parts seemed to be dyed in a way that gave them extra depth, and splits were rare. I'll have to keep an eye out for future shipments.

And more progress
I've passed the thumb part of the mitten. Ecce!



Oh yeah...
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

silverarrowknits said...

The socks and mittens are lovely!

Anonymous said...

I myself have been debating the merits of knitting entirely from my stash for a substantial portion of 2007. It is one of two possible "themes" for my knitting new year's resolutions. If I go with the stash one, we'll have to form a support group. :)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- those mittens are really impressive!!!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and best wishes for 2007!