Thursday, May 31, 2007

Eh? Who, me?

So I just popped over here and came across an American accent quiz. I couldn't help trying it myself and, well...I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the results.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central
 

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

The West
 
The Midland
 
Boston
 
The Inland North
 
The South
 
Philadelphia
 
The Northeast
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


I'm pretty sure though that not all Canadians sound like that!

Knitting
I finished, blocked and seamed the Backyard Leaves scarf. It's amazing what an effect blocking can have on size.
100_1226
Here's the finished scarf:
100_1242

Moving prep
The tabby is busy colonizing every box he can reach.
100_1233

4 comments:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

My accent seems to be non-existent, which is Midland. But then, that's when I haven't been drinking... ;)

Anonymous said...

Your kitty is NOT amused by the packing, is he??? :) :)

Can I ask how you will move the cats? I've been curious about long distance trips for them. Mine are going to have to tolerate 45 min in the car, but they should be OK. Will you be flying yours?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Backyard Leaves looks very pretty! I'm sorry I probably won't get to see any real modeling of it, because you'll be in Seattle by the time the weather gets cold. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, neat, Smoking Loon is one of our favorite wines.