Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hurray! Knitting!

Done, done and done

I knitted a moogle for a birthday present.

100_2926b

100_2927b

Pattern: The head, body, and limbs are from Baby Bobbi Bear. I lengthened the arms a bit. The wings, ears and pompom are my own ideas. In hindsight, I should have made the wings a bit smaller, since the felting process didn't shrink them as much as I had hoped. I thought about making a fluffy scarf like the one in the FF IX image, but decided to wait until I have some flashy fuzzy lavender yarn.
Yarn: Cascade 220 in natural, red, and purple, plus some scrap yarn for the eyes and mouth.

Nowhere near done

I decided to start my Summer of Socks KAL-ing with Django. I'm still on sock #1.



Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted in the Copper Penny colourway. I think this is the closest I've been to a yarn addiction recently...this is the third pair of socks I've knitted using CHP in less than a year. Appropriately enough, it's for the fourth Cookie A pattern I've worked on in a year and a half--I've finished Monkey and Pomatomus, I'm on sock #2 of the German Stocking, and I still have Thelonious to knit, and oh dear, I just saw some new patterns on her website.

My project for the Tour de France KAL (for now) is the BYOB bag. The yarn is Lion Brand Cotton from Fred Meyer. The cat is the usual tabby.

3 comments:

knitseashore said...

Give Chester a hug for me! Tabbies are awesome (says Rosie). Can't wait to start the KAL with you!

silverarrowknits said...

I love the moogle!

Kristen said...

I never heard of a moogle but it's cute - like a cat. I'm impressed that you cobbled the pattern together from other patterns.