Monday, October 20, 2008

Really short, again

My computer broke. The Best Buy guy thinks it's the motherboard and since I don't have one of their service plans I'd be better off just buying a new computer. Bleah.

I kind of wanted a Mac, but may end up getting another PC instead because we can't find a Mac-compatible printer driver on-line and I like the printer we have right now. For now I'm using M's computer. The monitor is super-cool but I'm having a hard time getting used to the keyboard, because the keys barely stick out. It reminds me of the time I tried to play a harpsichord (I'm a piano kid), only without the A415 tuning making me dizzy and the friend standing nearby freaking out because I'm pressing the keys too hard. I'm not sure why the two should feel similar, except maybe with this keyboard I don't have to press quite as hard to get results as I would on my own keyboard.

What else...we seem to have settled on Melon (William of Melon in full) as the new cat's name.

I finished the Hydrangea scarf. I had to take a break near the end when I ran out of yarn and had to go buy more roving to spin. Photos will be posted eventually.

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

Ohhh -- hydrangea scarf sounds very spring-like!

Please give Melon pats for me. And good luck with the computer shopping!