Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Prep time and some loose ends

The shawl has devised a frantic and somewhat random training regimen for our great summer quest, involving slow walks...



...weightlifting...



...dreams of world conquest international travel (I draw the line at teaching it how to book plane tickets)...



...and culture.



If nothing else happens this summer, at least it might understand more philosophy than I do.

Oh! Yesterday I received a flyer from a LYS advertising some new services, e.g. sweater finishing, and immediately thought of a certain tentacular baby blanket that could finally be delivered from its shameful state finished. But then I started worrying about cost and personal pride and not wanting to admit that I'm absolutely hopeless with darning in ends, etc., and it escalated until that very evening I decided to make a final attempt.

Why, you may ask, is there no photo? All I will admit is that my husband took one look, wailed in sympathy and offered to pay half the cost of having the LYS do the ends, if only it would get the blanket out of our apartment and delivered to the intended recipients before their baby hit puberty.

Tabbies retrieved from top of refrigerator today: 1

1 comment:

silverarrowknits said...

Wow, I need to get my shawl on a more sophisticated regimen. Maybe I should pull out the GRE vocab cards and start testing the shawl.