Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Food

I ordered about 4 oz of hand-dyed superwash merino roving from sprouty25's Etsy shop back in September and it arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I started spinning it last night, following or at least trying to follow Kristi Schueler's specs for her Green Lake Socks in the latest issue of Spin-off. The results have been mixed so far; I think I might be getting the correct wpi but too low a twist.

I wasn't sure what to expect with the colours since the dye was applied (I think) in patches and not as solid blocks of colour, but I like the look so far, even if it inspires a frighteningly strong craving for either huge slabs of Black Forest cake or a sundae with chocolate fudge and strawberry sauce.

100_2307
About one-third of the roving.

100_2316
First bobbin of singles.

It's raining raining raining but do the cats care? I think not.

100_2313

100_2312

1 comment:

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

i did a google search for my store and foudn your blog post..
the yarn looks great!!!