Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More yarn?

I went to my first Madrona earlier this month. I had kind of forgotten that it was going on, and it wasn't until the Friday after it started that I even realized that for the first time in my life 1) I was within driving distance of a fiber festival, and 2) I had the resources (car and driver's license at the same time) to get myself there. Since I could only go for a day I browsed for yarn in the marketplace and knitted with others in my LYS's group.

I picked up some Socks that Rock lightweight in Hobgoblin and Basan from the Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth...
DSC_0036
...and some Jacob/alpaca/mohair blend in fingering weight from Toots LeBlanc & Co, plus a shawl pattern by Evelyn Clark...
DSC_0072
...and some lovely brown wool yarn and a sweater pattern from Black Water Abbey Yarns. I think that stuff still smells like (clean) sheep.
DSC_0068
My next goals should be to take a "knitting for speed" class and switch to audiobooks to free up my hands.

The Leyburn socks are not going very well.
DSC_0033
I was up to the ankle on my first sock when I realized my gauge was a bit too loose, so I took the whole damn thing apart. I had also been thinking I don't really like the colourway (I only got it as a Stitch 'n' Pitch souvenir), so now I'm trying to decide whether to start again or to bail out of the KAL and either turn the yarn into something else or get rid of the yarn entirely.

The cats, on the other hand, are doing pretty well, and I hope they stay that way!
DSC_0031
Spending some quality time with each other.

DSC_0010
Melon in one of his favourite hang-out spots.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Fantastic stash additions. I so want to knit with BWA someday. The cats look like they've learned to coexist peacefully.
Audiobooks are the way to go if you want to knit and read at the same time!