Thursday, March 19, 2009

Socks

A few weeks ago I finally resumed working on the German Stockings I'd started nearly a year ago. I find ribbing to be a bit of a drag, so once I'd finished the first sock and started the cuff of the second I lost interest for a while. It's back, though, and I'm well past the cuff and about halfway down the leg! I also managed to do the correct sock (as in, right, since I already have a left), so unless I've jinxed myself by announcing this, I should be able to finish this sock some time in 2009.



I finally went out and got buttons for the Baby Surprise Jacket. It's going to some friends in Ottawa.



I also baked some more bread. I've been using the NYTimes adaptation of the recipe from this book combined with the dutch oven suggestion from the authors' blog. The bread tastes pretty good, but I still haven't been able to get the shiny crust they talk about. I think I'm going to try the no-knead bread recipes from NYTimes next.

No comments: